Monday 25 June 2012

τὰ Ὀλύμπια

Due to my very limited photographic skills (OK, as usual I digress: it's not so much a problem of limited skills $-$ well, a bit of that too $-$ my main problem with taking pictures is that I'm too impatient and I easily get bored. For some reason, taking pictures is one of the activities that bores me most), it's probably not very easy to see from the picture here.


But: finally, the tickets for the Olympics have arrived. Off the top of my head, I have a few considerations.

  1. I forgot that I actually bought 4, so I have 2 spare, I think.
  2. I didn't expect to have a free travel card to use public transport for that day. That's kind of nice.
  3. Again, you probably can't see it (unless you zoom the picture so much that the resolution is too low), but it's kind of cool that they have printed the name of the person who bought the tickets on the actual thing. Right below the "L" of the London 2012 logo, or just above and slightly to the left of the Olympic circles, there's a very small bit with my name on it. That makes me feel soooo special!
The event that I "won" is volleyball. It's the day after I'm back from San Diego, so the games better be good or else I'll fall asleep on TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment